RCN is committed to excellent customer service, successful outcomes and patient satisfaction. To achieve these goals we will work with you, your physician, your caregiver, and other healthcare providers to make sure your medication needs are handled as efficiently as possible. We make every effort to respect your rights and choices as a patient and honor the dignity of every person involved in your care. We are licensed in and able to ship to all 50 states.
Our services are designed to help you achieve the most benefit from your therapy including:
Training, Education, and Counseling
Complete Medication Review
Copay and other Financial Assistance Programs
Free Medication Delivery
24/7 Access to Pharmacist
You will have a designated Patient Care Coordinator who will closely monitor your needs and contact you periodically.
You may also speak directly to a licensed pharmacist. Feel free to reach out to us at any time. We are here for you!
Our regular office hours are 8:30am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday PST. Specially trained staff and a pharmacist are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week including holidays and weekends. Our after-hours clinicians are available to assist you with urgent clinical questions.
Phone: (888) 989-2462 – toll free
Mail: 18009 Sky Park Circle, Suite F, Irvine, CA 92614
We greatly encourage you to call our team at RCN if:
- You have questions or concerns about your medication
- You suspect a reaction or allergy to your medication
- A change has occurred in your medication use
- Your contact information or delivery address has changed
- Your insurance information or payment source has changed
- To receive claims related information
- To check the status of your order or discuss an order delay
Frequently Asked Questions
RCN is a specialty pharmacy that has been working in the bleeding and clotting disorders community for more than 22 years. We are committed to outstanding customer service and work closely with your prescribers and caregivers to pursue successful outcomes and patient satisfaction.
Our pharmacy will receive your prescription directly from your prescriber. You will have a designated RCN Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) who will closely monitor your medication needs and contact you periodically to ensure that you have the medication you need and to verify your insurance. You may also speak directly to a pharmacist at any time.
- Because we ship your medications, it is important to monitor your medications on hand. Please call your PCC early if you need a refill before they contact you. Our pharmacist requests a notice of 5 days to fill a prescription.
- Please notify our pharmacy immediately of any changes to your insurance. Often, we must obtain prior authorization from your insurance plan before shipping medication.
- Communication is the key! We offer several types of communication and we are committed to protecting your private health information.
RCN verifies your health insurance before each order and confirms that we are in-network or have an agreement with the carrier to supply your medication. If RCN is unable to gain in-network status or negotiate a contract, we will notify you that we are an out-of-network pharmacy and communicate the difference in cost. We can provide you with the cash price of the medication upon request.
- Before your care begins, a staff member will inform you of your out-of-pocket costs such as deductibles, copays, and coinsurance. We will submit claims to your health insurance carrier and, if your claim is denied, a staff member will notify you so that we can work together to resolve the issue.
- Our team is familiar with many financial assistance programs to address financial barriers to starting your medication. These programs include discount programs from drug manufacturers (eg., copay assistance and GAP coverage) and assistance from various disease management foundations. We will help you enroll, if an appropriate program is available.
- Your physician will send us your prescription. To process a refill, simply contact your PCC at least 5 days in advance.
- If you have a valid prescription on file, you will be contacted by an RCN team member 5-7 days prior to your refill date. If you do not have a valid prescription on file, we will work with you and your prescriber to obtain one.
RCN is a full-service specialty pharmacy and is able to fill prescriptions for most specialty medications. On the rare occasion that a product is not available through RCN, our pharmacist will communicate with the patient and prescriber and proactively help to provide alternative options.
Call your PCC or the pharmacist. They are tracking every order and will know exactly where/when your shipment is to be delivered. If there is a delay, they will notify you immediately.
- RCN’s Patient Care Coordinators (PCC) will assist you in managing the quantity of medication on hand, as well as educating you on appropriate storage and rotation of medication inventory.
- Your PCC will help you check that the oldest product is used first, rather than utilizing the most recently received product.
- They will also help you check expiration dates to avoid utilization of expired product.
- RCN’s Pharmacy team will check prior to every refill for weight-based dosing regimens to assure your correct dosage is being dispensed.
Red Chip of Nevada has a complete emergency plan in case a disaster occurs. Disasters may include fire to our building or region, chemical spills in the community, hurricanes, snowstorms, tornadoes and community evacuations. Our goal is to continue to service your prescription needs. When there is a threat of disaster, we work hard to make sure you have enough medication.
- The pharmacy will call you 3-5 days before an anticipated local weather emergency as predicted by local weather updates.
- If you are not in the pharmacy local area but live in a location that may have a weather disaster, you are responsible for calling the pharmacy 3-5 days before disaster to discuss your medication needs.
- The pharmacy will send your medication by courier or UPS next day delivery during any suspected weather emergencies.
- If the pharmacy cannot get your medication to you before a weather emergency occurs, the pharmacy will transfer your prescription to a specialty pharmacy in your area to help you get the medication you need.
- If a local disaster occurs in your area and the pharmacy cannot reach you or you cannot reach the pharmacy, please listen to your local news and rescue centers for advice on how to get medication or visit your local hospital immediately.
RCN can accommodate hearing impaired patients and/or caregivers via the following:
- Relay service for TTY, Voice, VCO, and HCO:
- English – 800-855-7100
- Spanish – 800-855-7200
- Sign language interpreter Services
RCN can accommodate visually impaired patients and/or caregivers via the following:
- Large print materials are available upon request for visually impaired patients
- Verbal consultation with a pharmacist is available for all patients. The pharmacist is happy to assist with questions, training, and education for visually impaired patients.
RCN utilizes an interpreter company called Pacific Interpreters/LanguageLine; they provide interpretation services for more than 85 languages and dialects. Our PCC team will initiate a 3-way call when an interpreter is required.
RCN is well-equipped to handle recalls and will seamlessly guide patients through the process from identification of medication they have on hand – to disposal/return of medication – to replacement of medication. If you have questions or concerns about a recall, please call RCN’s pharmacy.
Please call your Patient Care Coordinator immediately to report medication issues such as adverse effects from your medication or suspected errors. We are here to help! We want you to be completely satisfied with the care we provide. If you or your caregiver have concerns, please contact us by phone, email, or in writing to discuss. If you wish to seek further review of your concern, you may contact:
URAC: Web: www.urac.org/file-a-grievance/
Email Address: email@example.com
ACHC: Web: www.achc.org/contact/
Tel: (855) 937-2242 (Complaint Dept.)
California Board of Pharmacy: (or your state BOP)
Address: 2720 Gateway Oaks Dr. #100, Sacramento, CA
Is RCN in my insurance network?
RCN accepts most national insurance plans such as Aetna, Anthem, Cigna, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Medicare, and several state Medicaid plans.
Copays and Financial Assistance
- RCN’s Insurance team will verify your insurance coverage on every order before it is shipped to you – no surprises! You’ll be notified immediately if there are any coverage issues that will affect your shipment.
- RCN works in partnership with all pharmaceutical companies who produce medications used to treat bleeding disorders and offer financial assistance.
- Examples of financial assistance include manufacturer copay assistance programs. patient assistance programs, applicable disease state foundations, and extended payment plans (not to exceed 90 days)
- Our PCC team is happy to assure all paperwork required by each manufacturer’s copay assistance program is submitted on your behalf.
- We will automatically bill your insurance plan for any copays.
- Questions? Please call our Patient Care Coordination team (888) 989-2462 for assistance.
Communicating with You and Your Family
Communication is the key to exceptional service! We offer several types of communication and we are committed to protecting your private health information. Depending on your preference we will use phone call, texting, or email to contact you or your family members. You may also call our PCC team at (888) 989-2462.
Managing your Medications at Home
- Expiration dates/rotating stock
- Storage of products
- Dosage is reviewed on each order to assure correct number of units and vials are dispensed to match your Treatment Center’s prescription
Biohazard and Disposal Information
If you have questions about the proper disposal of medication, please call RCN’s pharmacy at (888)989-2462. You can also check the following websites for additional information: